Chocolate Brownie – Vegan, Gluten-free and Sugar free!
Here is an awesome recipe I have found on the net.
I made it even more awesome by exchanging sugar in her recipe for dates, making the brownies super gooey.
PS: Never managed to take a photo of it, as we eat it all as soon as it is ready!!!
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (1 15-oz can, drained and rinsed very well) (250g after draining)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (10g)
- 1/2 cup quick oats (40g)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave (or honey, but not for strict vegans.)
- 10 dates
- 1/4 cup coconut or vegetable oil (40g)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup chocolate chips (115-140g) (Not optional. Omit at your own risk.)
- optional: more chips, for presentation
Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine all ingredients except chips in a good food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Really blend well. (A blender can work if you absolutely must, but the texture—and even the taste—will be much better in a food processor.) Stir in the chips, then pour into a greased 8×8 pan. Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips over the top. Cook the black bean brownies 15-18 minutes, then let cool at least 10 minutes before trying to cut. If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will magically firm up! Makes 9-12 brownies. The trick with these: serve them first, and then reveal the secret ingredient. In all the times I’ve served bean desserts, not one single person who didn’t know beforehand has ever guessed!
Original recipe: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/06/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/#TFM7fjXGtSwCpQGP.99