This Yummy food has been our treat for breakfast. We love it! It has eggs in it, but I am thinking to adapt it to a vegan recipe. If you have any suggestion please let us know.
Cinnamon Quinoa Bake
2 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup unsweetened dairy free milk
1/3 cup maple syrup or 10 dates soaked overnight and blended (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Yields nine to 12 bars
1. Preheat the oven to 375ºF and place the quinoa in a large mixing bowl. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with lightly greased parchment.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, soy milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Add maple syrup (if using) and whisk.
3. Add egg mixture to cooked and cooled quinoa. Stir with a large spoon to combine. Pour into the parchment-lined baking dish and spread it around to ensure that it’s even.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until set and golden.
5. Using parchment, remove bake from pan as soon as possible so that it doesn’t steam.
6. Cool completely and cut into squares. Serve with a dollop of nut butter.