Raw Vegan Chocolate
This recipe will make around 900g of dark vegan chocolate.
400g Organic Cacao Butter
300g Organic Cacao Powder
180g Organic Coconut Nectar
1. Chop the cacao butter as finely as possible and place in a glass bowl.
2. Place the glass bowl into a pot containing boiling water and allow it to stand, until it melts completely. You may have to stir it occasionally and to refill the pot with boiling water. You can also place the pot on a very low heat, but be very careful not to cook it.
3. Once the cacao butter has melted, add the cacao powder through a sieve, and stir in thoroughly, making sure all the lumps dissolve.
4. Add the coconut nectar and stir this into the mix thoroughly.
Your chocolate is now ready to pour into whatever molds you have ready.
5. Top your chocolate with any dried fruits and nuts or leave plain.
*If you want to make some flavored chocolate use food grade essential oils then mix into
the chocolate before you pour into molds.
**If you want a chocolate flavoured with spices then mix the spice into the cacao powder when it’s mixed in the bowl.
6. Allow your chocolate to set in the fridge for 2 hours and then you can store in sealed bags or containers in a cool dark place for 6 months to 1 year.
Some suggested ingredients for variations of chocolate bar:
Goji berry ,mulberry & raisin.
Dried mixed fruit & nuts of your choice.
Cinnamon, nutmeg & cayenne
Ginger powder & caramelised ginger chunks (if you’re ok with a little bit of sugar)